Beyond the notion, sustainability is without doubt a significant issue and important process. Golf courses should be sited, designed, constructed and managed in a manner that allows them to become a key part of any community. They should be designed and managed to be economically viable, ecologically healthy and socially responsible.
Every course has its own needs. I can assist you to merge environmental stewardship into your business and to modify your course landscape to balance the needs of the game, course maintenance and landscape management. Examples include the following.
- identification of water conservation opportunities
- reducing maintained and irrigated turf areas
- enhancing wildlife and habitat environments
- developing and linking wetland corridors
- ‘soft’ stormwater management
- developing on course water quality treatment and filtration systems
- increasing the structural diversity of vegetation
- providing more playable and enjoyable conditions for all ages and levels of ability